R.A.P.T.O.R Cycling Relay - Ride Across Peaks of the Ozarks Cycling Relay (4-person, 2-person and Solo divisions) road cycling event based upon a handicap system to give all competitors a shot at the title.
Competitors are handicapped by time based upon four criteria (USA Cycling category, age, gender and weight) to insure competitiveness.
Nine transition points for the 4-person teams.
Each rider must do a minimum of two legs with a maximum of four. The final section must have a minimum of three riders and does not count toward the team maximum. * - First section can only have one rider.
No more than two riders from a team can be on the course at the same time except for the final section of the course.
Five transition points for the 2-person teams.
Each rider must do a minimum of two legs with a maximum of three. Two riders can be on the course at the same time and the final leg does not count against rider maximum.
Before March 1: 4-$440, 2-220, Solo-110
March 1 to May 7: $540, $270 and $120
Then: $640, $320 and $140
- Pre-race meal and beverage the night before at mandatory pre-race meeting
- Continental Breakfast on race morning
- Beer and Barbeque at the finish
- Finisher award
- Giveaway prizes
At a Glance
- 19 May 2018 6:30am
- Tickets On Sale
- Raptor Adventure SeriesRaptor Adventure SeriesFayetteville, Arkansas, USA
- Up to 193 miles (310 km)
- From 120.00 USD
- 375 Riders
HOW IT WORKS. . .
- Each team will consist of four riders
- Teams are handicapped with a time deduction or addition based upon four factors listed below
- Time trial start based upon team seeding. Highest handicap will begin first
- Start times posted the day before the event
- Mandatory pre-race meeting the night before. But, there will be food and drink!
HANDICAP SYSTEM (Four Person) - download and SAVE Excel spreadsheet to determine team handicap - LINK
- USA Cycling Road Category (if not currently a member, then a teammate's score will be 5 or if once a USAC member then the rider's ranking will be the last category on record). If a MTB rider, see conversion.
- MTB Pro is Road – Cat 1
- MTB Cat 1 is Road – Cat 2
- MTB Cat 2 is Road – Cat 3
- MTB Cat 3 is Road – Cat 5
- Together your team total must be 10 points or greater to not incur a time penalty.
- Point handicap: Each point over 15, 5 minutes will be subtracted. Each point under 10 will add 5 minutes. Examples: Team total 20. 25 minutes subtracted from the team’s total time. Team total is 5. 25 minutes will be added."
- Gender - for each female on the team, 15-minutes will be subtracted.
- Weight - Team weight over 799lbs will receive a 30-minute advantage. NOTE: each member will be weighed (if team value is above the threshold) upon check-in. Cycling clothes w/o shoes, helmet, equipment, etc."
- Age - (a person's age is calculated based upon their age on 12/31/2018):
- 10-minute advantage if total team age is equal to or greater than 180
- 15-minute advantage if total team age is equal to or greater than 200
- 20-minute advantage if total team age is equal to or greater than 220